In search of the best cruelty free drugstore makeup and beauty products not tested on animals, what better place to look than the aisles of the drugstore where some of our most beloved and go-to products await. When a drugstore giant takes a stance in producing cruelty free product, it’s a pretty big deal. We were curious to see which of our favorite brand giants actually supported no testing on animals. The results may surprise you.
Drugstore Brands That DO Test on Animals:
- Cover Girl – From lash blast to lip shine, CG’s NatureLuxe and intense blasters are sadly tested on animals.
- L’Oreal – There are other cosmetic brands out there that offer a similar true match philosophy, so we don’t need you. L’Oreal does test on animals.
- Maybelline – Turns out the “Great Lash” is not that great. Maybelline does test on animals.
- Neutrogena – We are disappointed that the #1 skin clearing brand takes a yay on the topic. Neutrogena does test on animals.
- Revlon – Revlon does 3rd party testing on animals (selling in China) – Editor’s Note: 2/2014 – they have pulled out of China for financial reasons – waiting for confirmation that they are free of animal testing
- Almay – Almay is owned by Revlon and does 3rd party testing (selling in China) Editor’s Note: 2/2014 – they have pulled out of China for financial reasons – waiting for confirmation that they are free of animal testing
- Rimmel London – a popular brand, but not cruelty free.
Drugstore Brands That DO NOT Test on Animals:
- Burt’s Bees – You guessed it already! This earth-friendly skincare line totally supports no testing on animals. Power to the bees…. Err the non-stinging ones at least. (Update on cruelty free status.)
- Physicians Formula – It seems like a no brainer that the skin-sensitive cosmetic brand would be an advocate of not testing on our furry friends.
- Wet ‘n Wild – My makeup must when I was a teen, Wet ‘n Wild makes a great product if you are looking to stretch your buck and feel good about yourself, since Wet ‘n Wild does not test on animals!
- Milani is cruelty free and has shades for every skin tone!
- Nuance by Salma Hayek (at CVS) has a large line of color cosmetics, skincare and nail polish – all cruelty free!
- NYX – How’s your highlight game? NYX has really upped their game lately – tons of Instagram-friendly makeup.
- ELF – Everyone loves ELF! They have a ton of options and the price is RIGHT
- Pacifica – So many vegan options and their packaging is SO pretty!
- Pixi Beauty – One of my faves. You can find these bunny-approved products at Target.
- Also check out: PurMinerals, Napoleon Perdis, Flower Cosmetics, Kiss My Face