So, it’s hump day. Are you an optimist and looking forward to Friday? Or feeling like you’ve only made it through half a week and ready for it to end? Here are my top 10 ways to get through the middle of the week and come out swingin’ like a champ!
- Save something special for Wednesdays. A special “not on my diet” treat for example. Don’t go crazy – just a little somethin’-somethin’ to get you through it.
- Get some sun. If you work in an office, you’re probably seriously lacking in the Vitamin D department. Don’t underestimate the power of a little sunshine to boost your mood. Go outside and take a quick walk!
- Text or instant message a friend on your lunch break and make plans for the weekend.
- If you’re lucky enough to work at home or with an office pet, take a break and give them some smooches.
- Plan a regular Wednesday lunch out of the office with a friend. Put it on your calender and make it a weekly occurrence.
- Take an hour or so to write out your priorities for the rest of the week. Push anything that isn’t urgent to the next week if you’re feeling overwhelmed.
- Do some online shopping on your lunch break. I love to browse sites like Gilt, Dot & Bo, and White Rabbit Beauty.
- Take a few minutes to look at cute or silly animal memes or videos. It really does make you feel better. Seriously – check this out.
- If you just can’t make your brain work, try doing something easy that needs to be done – like filing papers or cleaning up files on your computer.
- Take 10 minutes to REALLY have a break. Get away from your computer and drink something cold and refreshing, like Arrowhead® Brand Sparkling Mountain Spring Water. It’s made from just 3 natural ingredients—spring water, natural fruit essence, and bubbles! And, with no sugar or calories, it’s a good alternative to soda. Check out their Facebook page for more ways to get through Hump Day!
How do you get through Hump Day? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy Hump Day! Thanks to Arrowhead® Brand Sparkling Natural Spring Water for sponsoring today’s discussion.