Written by Trisha Miller.
5 Vegan LUSH Products Every Girl Needs in her Bag
While I live a pretty simplistic lifestyle, there are just some things that I can’t go without. What’s in my bag or backpack? Most definitely a book, small notebook, and writing utensil of some sort (don’t let good ideas pass you by), but also always a few LUSH essentials as well. While I have tried many vegan products from LUSH, there are several that I always come back to and some that I absolutely have to have in my bag every day.
- Lip Scrub/Lip Balm
- When you’re going to be off gallivanting around the city all day you will need a few lip refreshers, if you’re anything like me. Lip scrubs are essential, especially if you choose to rock a bold lip. Scrubs will prime the lip to better hold color all day long. Of course, balms are a good idea any time of day.
My choices are mint julips lip scrub, which tastes fresh and fabulous for any occasion, and Rose Lollipop lip balm. This balm has no beeswax and leaves a subtle rose flavor on the lips. The main ingredients are shea butter and cupuacu oil to plump up your pucker without too much stickiness. The Mint Julips scrub contains castor, sugar and natural mint flavor, so all you have to do is scrub it on and lick it off.
- Spray Perfume
- Okay so this is a no brainer, but quality affordable perfumes are hard to come by. Any fragrance that you choose from LUSH will last all flippin’ day long, but my favorites are karma and breath of god.
Karma has a sweet and musky scent with sweet orange and patchouli which makes it a little androgynous, which I think is sexy. However, breath of god delivers a complicated mixture of melon and sandalwood. The most interesting thing about these fragrances is the fact that they are made with essential oils which react to your own chemical balance so each one will smell slightly different on each person.
- Dry Shampoo
- Even when you have short hair, like me, the hair may need a lift after a long day of work or school. Those with naturally oily skin may need to get a little relief from hair that gets oily quickly. Carrying around some dry shampoo is always a good idea just in case you need a little refresher or don’t want to have to wash your hair every day.
The only option that LUSH carries is no drought dry shampoo. However, don’t be discouraged because it is fantastic. The key ingredients are corn flour, which is extremely absorbent, and grapefruit, which just makes your hair smell wonderful – it’s that simple. Take a small amount and spread it around your scalp evenly for instant freshness.
- Powdered Deodorant
- The reason I suggest powdered instead of spray or solid deodorant is because you can actually use it for multiple things. If you ran out of dry shampoo you can plop some of this on your locks and it works as a great shoe deodorizer as well (especially wonderful for flats)
I use the greeench deodorant on a regular basis for multiple things including the above uses. The main reason I choose this one is because it contains tea tree oil, which is great for killing bacteria – whether that be on the scalp, foot, or pits is totally up to you.
- Hand Care
- Anyone can have some lotion lying around in their purse, but maybe you need a little more than that. Body lotion tends to wash off quite easily and needs to be reapplied frequently, but hand creams get the job done with much less effort and truly more effectively.
Check out handy gurugu hand cream for some serious soothing action. A little bit of this cream goes a long way and soothes even the sorest and driest of hands. With over 25% shea butter, pumpkin seed butter, and almond oil this formula isn’t messing around. If you’re working with papers all day or just washing your hands a lot this thing will do the trick.
There you have it! It doesn’t matter whether you are a busy student, mother, career woman, or all three, these are some must haves for every purse, book bag, or tote. Get creative with your LUSH products as well. Many of these items have multiple uses which will save time and dollars in your beauty budget.