What is My Beauty Bunny?
My Beauty Bunny is a popular Los Angeles based beauty and lifestyle blog started in 2009 by “Chief Bunny”, Jen Mathews. Jen was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, but now resides in Los Angeles, California, with her husband, Gregg, two cats (Miko and Kenji) and her dog (Riley). Jen loves to discover and share the best cruelty free beauty products, spas and salons, travel destinations (extra points for a balcony with a view!), lifestyle products, and healthy foods and supplements with her fans. Jen loves shopping at Sephora and Whole Foods, and going to high end salons and luxurious 5-star hotels, but is also quite content watching Netflix while snuggling on the couch with her little family.
Started in April 2009, My Beauty Bunny has become a huge hit with women (and men) who love animals and wish to purchase from brands who don’t test on animals. My Beauty Bunny focuses on finding the best in beauty from companies who do not test on animals. We are NOT a strictly vegan blog, and many products posted about are not vegan. We do, however, have a vegan section (vegan products are labeled as such), so if you are vegan, check there first. We are positive that once you go cruelty free you’ll never go back.
My Beauty Bunny has worked with brands such as Urban Decay, Too Faced, The Body Shop, Wet n Wild, Physicians Formula, Dermalogica, Murad, Perricone MD, NYX, Paul Mitchell, LUSH, Hewlett Packard, eBay, Hotel Del Coronado and many more.
My Beauty Bunny Accolades:
- Beauty Blog Coalition Founder
- Featured on Refinery 29
- Featured in All You magazine
- Featured in People Style Watch magazine
- Featured on Huff Post Live
- Featured on KTLA Los Angeles News
- Shape Magazine Top 5 Beauty Blogger
- Boots No 7 – Fabulous 7 Ambassador in London, England
- #1 in Klout’s list of top Twitter users to follow in Beauty
- #10 in WeFollow’s list of top Twitter users to follow in Beauty
- #1 Top Beauty Blog 2011 – Beauty School
- Top 50 Beauty Blog – The Performance Leader
- Top 50 Beauty Blog – Networked Blogs
- Top 40 Eco-Beauty Blog – Bachelor of Science
- 101 Beautilicious Blog Awards 2012 Winner
- Former co-Host of Alayna’s Beauty Talk on LA Talk Live (over 400,000 listeners)
- The Body Shop – Natural Beauty Blogger finalist
We accept cruelty free products and services (no animal testing by the brand, ingredient suppliers or manufacturer – and not sold in countries that test on animals – like mainland China) for editorial consideration, but items sent as gifts are not guaranteed a review or placement.
We often collaborate with brands on sponsored content, such as blog articles, Instagram features or social media posts. We follow USA FTC guidelines for disclosure. We require full sized samples unless otherwise arranged.
Please note that if your product is not Leaping Bunny certified, we will need you to provide a statement that you AND your ingredient suppliers do not test on animals, and that you do not distribute your products in countries that require animal testing (like mainland China). The product must also be vegetarian, but not necessarily vegan.
Contact Jen to have your product/service considered for review – email@example.com.