Hey guys it’s Courtney from Phyrra.net! Today I’m sharing a soft everyday neutral eyeshadow tutorial with you. I used the Saucebox Etude Palette. While I did this tutorial to be flattering on hooded eyes, I also think the color placement would work for a variety of eye shapes.
The reasons I chose Saucebox for my My Beauty Bunny tutorial:
1. Made in the USA
2. Cruelty free (the cruelty free logo they use is a poodle, while not official, as a poodle mom, I love it!)
3. Their packaging is all made from recycled materials (great for upcoming Earth Day)
4. Their product size is huge, Sugarpill size, and can be put into any magnetic palette
5. Their Etude palette is super popular & they made a vegan version of it
6. The palette is multi-purpose & can be used as eyeshadow, contour and to fill in brows
7. They’re a Los Angeles company 🙂
Soft Everyday Neutral Eyeshadow Step-by-Step Tutorial
1. Start by prepping your lids with eyeshadow primer. I used Kat Von D Lock-It Primer in Fair.
2. Set the primer with your base shade. Your base shade should be an eyeshadow that closely matches your skin tone. I used Saucebox Beaming.
3. With a fluffy brush, apply Cream Dream to the lid and crease / hood of the eye. I created the dome shape which is flattering on hooded eyes.
4. Smudge Cream Dream along the lower lid.
5. Tightline with Toffee at the upper and lower lash lines.
6. Use a fluffy brush to apply Almond to the outer crease and outer lid to deepen the color. Smudge Almond along the outer lower lid.
7. Highlight under the outer brow and at the inner corner with Makeup Geek Celestial. Add mascara.
Shop Your Stash for Similar Shades
Beaming – creamy vanilla matte
Cream Dream – light taupe matte
Toffee – black matte
Almond – deep grey taupe matte
Celestial – iridescent white with pink violet shift
Cream Dream and Almond are my two favorite shades in this palette. I think they’re flattering with blue, green and blue-green eyes like mine. They really help my eyes to pop.
The Saucebox Etude palette is great for creating soft everyday neutral eyeshadow looks. You can also use it to contour your face or fill in your brows, making it a truly multi-purpose makeup palette.
I hope you enjoyed this soft everyday neutral eyeshadow tutorial! Thanks for reading!