New and Improved: the Cruelty Free Leaping Bunny App
When you’re looking for cruelty free beauty products in-store, it’s handy to have an app to figure out which brands are actually cruelty free. Unfortunately relying on the labels on the backs of products doesn’t work because brands have been known to say they’re not tested on animals, when they are. Most often this is because the brand doesn’t test the FINISHED PRODUCT on animals, but their lab or ingredient suppliers do. Or they may be sold in foreign markets that require animal testing (like mainland China).
Leaping Bunny is the gold standard for cruelty free beauty here in the United States, and you may have seen their bunny symbol on some of the products you buy. What you may not know is that some brands may be Leaping Bunny certified, but may not be licensing the Leaping Bunny logo, so you may not always see the logo on the packaging. That’s why the newly updated Leaping Bunny app is a must to have on your phone or tablet. You can always check brands on the go to make sure they’re cruelty free.
The New Leaping Bunny App Features:
- New user-friendly interface
- Updated list of all Leaping Bunny certified companies (you can even scan barcodes to see if a brand is certified)
- List of exclusive promos (discounts! freebies!) and companies that donate a portion of their proceeds to Leaping Bunny
- Ability to select favorite companies to create customized shopping list
- Option to share photos of cruelty-free products to an image gallery, and to change your Facebook profile picture with a special filter
It’s free on the iPhone app store (it’s just called “Cruelty-Free” if you’re doing a search) – so download it now, and check it out when you have a few minutes!
Not an iPhone user? Android users: they are still working out some bugs, so the Android app will be released shortly. In the meantime, you can download the current version in the Google Play Store, so that the new version will be automatically updated once it is available.